Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's a Saturday and we are getting ready to move.

Wake up call. Four weeks to go and we move on to the big city of Arlington. Woo hoo! I am soooo going to miss my wonderful friends, my staff, my co-workers, my bosses... and I am so ready to go home. I am starting to hear about job openings. I know that God will open doors and I will know which way to go, where to look, when to look, and so on.


It is May 7, and my head is swimming in duh-land. Packing and keeping up with the every day stuff is pretty much taking up my day. I have to do my comps for certification in Extensive Autism Training in both behavior and in educational approaches. I have an outline of what I want to say. I just have to fine tune it. We move in just over a month.

Bill is holding his own. The medication is wearing him out. He tends to get headaches and thinks it is the meds. It may be. Who knows exactly. Bill is arguing less about driving. Well, a little at least. I don't know how much the meds are really helping, but we are doing our best. He's happy with what he can do, memory wise. It limits some of his lifestyle, but still looks at this as a wakeup call. I feel pretty protective, but I am an enabler, so I am really having to make an effort to let him be as independent as he can be. He went with me to Walmart and saw several people who were really glad to see him. It was a boost for him.

Jack went to the carnival today with his friend Austin, Austin's friend, and Jack's girlfriend, Stephanie. He is one pootered out kid and he had an absolute blast. He likes his girlfriend. He's such a cool kid. He's got the typical I know it all attitude. He's very convinced he knows more than most. Bow down to the friend or cousin or two that has even more insight than my child in his point of view.

I'm starting to repeat myself so it is time for me to close. My life experience here in the beautiful upper peninsula of Michigan has made me a better person. Night time is setting in and testosterone is running high in the house. Ugggggghhhhhhhhh! Somebody save me!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey good to hear from you on the blog again! Life is good here for us in Frisco TX. Hoping our house sells in Florida as we have decided to full time RV for the rest of our lives!! That way no yard work, and live in beautiful parks that we have only had the opportunity to visit for a weekend here and there. It is a great way of life, and cheaper than living in a house, and with a new camper, no house stress!! Keep us all posted on the move.

    ReplyDelete