Tuesday, May 10, 2011




Hey, all. Lots of great things have been happening. I have had some really great times here and am really going to miss living here. I rarely fall so head over heals in like with so many people. Holy cow, did we have some serious fun here, people. Thanks for your love and dedication to the kids. What a team. Salute those we lost: Dan, Chris,

And I have also reconnected with people I loved whole-heartedly. Thanks for reminding me of days past. When

Bill is stabilizing in the decline. He has good days and bad days, but hey, don't we all? I think he will do better when school is out for Jack and I early June. After he recuperates from the move, we'll get him up and walking more and get him interested in working out again. He doesn't have much stimulation when Jack and I are gone. He does much better when we're here for a couple of days.



I am moving past shock. I am moving past some of the concerns in dealing with the Alzheimer's- It's so unpredictable, and can be compared to a couple of Hitchcock cliff hangers. Bill doesn't research any more. He's lost interest in reading, something he has loved for years. He's a history fan and lives on the history channels and the military channels unless there's a good boxing match on. His speech is a little bit confused, and he's running through a lot of memories, so I am glad I am able to be here for him. He's not interested in excersize. He drank pop this summer and one other time when we were traveling over Spring Break. My gosh, I know it has been 20 years since he put pop to his lips. There are other minor but definite personality changes.

And of course if you know me you know I procrastinate, pushing it just south of the limits as a general rule to everything in my life. So right now I am figuring out the red tape of SSDI and so forth. I handle that real well. I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, and I avoid like crazy for two days (typical of a behaviorist, I set my limits on how long I can act out). But which way do I go? Do I continue with my PhD? Do I really want to torcher myself with research? Do I smack myself for being lazy? Do I bail out of research and for for a D.Ed.? I'm drawn to Higher Ed for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment